HAPPY HALF TERM, Y6!!!
Thank you all for working so hard and being fabulous role models to the rest of the school. You all truly deserve the two class Headteacher Awards received over the last couple of weeks- I am so proud of each and every one of you. Enjoy the break and stay safe!
Homework Friday 23rd October
- Reading comprehension (short task based on given poem)
- Mathematics revision (short task on place value)
- Reading book (20mins reading 5 times in the week)
- Lorna's Creative Challenge (see News and Events: Letters Home for details)
- Photography competition (see News and Events: Letters Home for details)
- Talking Homework – Can you think of any examples of how you can be inclusive in school, at home and in any clubs that you attend?
- TTRockstars battle ( within Keystage 2 and national)
- Assignments of spellings on EdShed
This week our literacy was based around a film clip called Eye of the Storm. The Y6 did some fabulous descriptive writing as a result which inspired some amazing artwork.
It was European Languages Day on Saturday 26th September so we celebrated this in school today (Monday 28th September). Although our focus language was French (which we designed posters and board games around), we also enjoyed celebrating and learning about other countries around the world where some of our peers are from. Henry created an awesome Powerpoint about Tremp, Tobi created a fabulous PowerPoint about Hungary and Aryam shared a super poster of Arabic numbers.
We also shared some yummy French food and enjoyed a wonderful French and Spanish lesson with Mrs. Hamill where we sang and signed! A brilliant day all round.
Yes, you are in Y6!!! Can you believe it?? Well let me tell you all now how impressed I am with every single one of you and the fabulous attitude to learning you have all shown since returning to school. I know many of you will have been very nervous about coming back (me included!!) but the determination and adaptability you have all shown has simply blown me away. I am so proud of you all already. Let's keep this going!!