Statement of Intent
The intent of our PE curriculum is to provide all children with a high quality Physical Education, school sport and Physical Activity. It is our vision for every pupil to succeed and achieve their potential as well as to lead physically active lifestyles.
We believe that physical activity inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in physically demanding activities and helps them to become confident in a way which supports their health and fitness throughout their lives. Therefore, we believe that our children should be physically active every day, whether through our daily Finchale Fitness run, P.E. lessons, lunchtimes or extra-curricular activities. We also believe that children should have the opportunity to compete in sport and other activities that build character and help to embed values such as teamwork, fairness, resilience and respect. Our school participates in many sporting competitions and events outside school, allowing our pupils to compete against a much wider range of pupils, providing a higher level of challenge. This can lead our pupils to compete at regional, national and even world events. We also involve our parents and carers in some of our events, such as the Finchale Family Jiggly Jog and the Sports Day races to encourage family exercise.
We believe there is a sport/activity that every child can enjoy and participate in. Therefore, we endeavour to give all children experiences throughout the year that they can then choose to follow up within the local community. Above all we want every pupil to enjoy physical activity so that they are inspired to lead fit, active and healthy lifestyles.
Take a look at our curriculum map to see how P.E. is taught.
- Daily Finchale Fitness will continue.
Coming soon - This year we will be using an app to track how many laps each child runs. They will be challenged to complete various marathons from around the world.
Our equipment monitors will continue to organise fun things to try every day.
Playground leaders will be organising challenges for children to compete in. Will they be able to improve to achieve a new personal best?
And, of course, we are looking forward to our annual events too. We hope to see you at the Fun Run, Sports Day and our Finchale Family Jiggly Jog.
We use our School Sports Premium to ensure:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- A broader experience of a range of sport and activities is offered to all pupils.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Look at our plan to see how the money is spent and the impact it has.